- 111,111,111 x 111,111,111 =
- The phrase "rule of thumb" is
derived from and old English law which stated that you couldn't beat
your wife with anything wider than your thumb.
- Stewardesses is the longest word
typed with only the left hand.
- Shakespeare invented the word
"assassination" and "bump."
- Marilyn Monroe had six toes on one
- If you keep a Goldfish in the dark
room, it will eventually turn white.
- Women blink nearly twice as much as
- Right handed people live, on
average, nine years longer than left handed people do.
- The sentence "the quick brown fox
jumps over the lazy dog" uses every letter in the
- The average chocolate bar has 8
insects' legs in it.
- The average human eats 8 spiders in
their lifetime at night.
- A rhinoceros horn is made of
- It is impossible to sneeze with your
- The giant squid has the largest eyes
in the world.
- Who's that playing the piano on the
"Mad About You" theme? Paul Reiser himself.
- In England, the Speaker of the House
is not allowed to speak.
- The longest one-syllable word in the
English language is "screeched."
- On a Canadian two dollar bill, the
flag flying over the Parliament Building is an American flag.
- All of the clocks in the movie Pulp
Fiction are stuck on 4:20.
- No word in the English language
rhymes with month, orange, silver or purple.
- "Dreamt" is the only English word
that ends in the letters "mt".
- All 50 states are listed across the
top of the Lincoln Memorial on the back of the $5 bill.
- Almonds are members of the peach
- Winston Churchill was born in a
ladies' room during a dance.
- Maine is the only state whose name
is just one syllable.
- The youngest pope was 11 years old.
- The world's youngest parents were 8
and 9 and lived in China in 1910.
- A snail can sleep for 3 years.
- American Airlines saved $40,000 in
1987 by eliminating one olive from each salad served in first-class.
- China has more English speakers than
the United States.
- The shortest war in history was
between Zanzibar and England in 1896. Zanzibar surrendered after 38
- A polar bear's skin is black. Its
fur is not white, but actually clear.
- Elvis had a twin brother named Garon,
who died at birth, which is why Elvis' middle name was spelled Aron;
in honor of his brother.
- The electric chair was invented by a
- Did you know you share your birthday
with at least 9 other million people in the world?
- When it was built in the 1940s, the
state of Virginia still had segregation laws requiring separate
toilet facilities for blacks and whites.
- The human heart creates enough
pressure when it pumps out to the body to squirt blood 30 feet.
- Banging your head against a wall
uses 150 calories an hour.
- On average, people fear spiders more
than they do death.
- The strongest muscle in the body is
- "I am." is the shortest complete
sentence in the English language.
- The longest word in the English
language is 1909 letters long and it refers to a distinct part of
- It's impossible to sneeze with your
- You can't kill yourself by holding
- Americans on the average eat 18
acres of pizza every day.
- Every time you lick a stamp, you're
consuming 1/10 of a calorie.
- You know that you are more likely to
be killed by a champagne cork than by a poisonous spider.
- The cruise liner, Queen Elizabeth
II, moves only six inches for each gallon of diesel that it burns.
- There are two credit cards for every
person in the United States.
- Cat's urine glows under a black
- Leonardo Da Vinci invented the
- In the last 4000 years, no new
animals have been domesticated.
- Babies are born without knee caps.
They don't appear until the child reaches 2-6 years of age.
- Nutmeg is extremely poisonous if
- The most common name in the world is
- Michael Jordan makes more money from
Nike annually than all of the Nike factory workers in Malaysia
- One of the reasons marijuana is
illegal today is because cotton growers in the 30s lobbied against
hemp farmers-they saw it as competition.
- Only one person in two billion will
live to be 116 or older.
- The name Wendy was made up for the
book "Peter Pan."
- If you yelled for 8 years, 7 months
and 6 days, you would have produced enough sound energy to heat one
cup of coffee. If you fart consistently for 6 years and 9 months,
enough gas is produced to create the energy of an atomic bomb.
- Cats have over one hundred vocal
sounds, dogs only have about ten.
- Our eyes are always the same size
from birth, but our nose and ears never stop growing.
- In every episode of Seinfeld there
is a Superman somewhere.
- If Barbie were life-size her
measurements would be 39-23-33. She would stand seven feet, two
inches tall and have a neck twice the length of a normal human's
- Feb 1865 is the only month in
recorded history not to have a full moon.
- The Pentagon, in Arlington,
Virginia, has twice as many bathrooms as is necessary.
- In ancient Egypt, Priests plucked
EVERY hair from their bodies, including their eyebrows and
- A crocodile cannot stick its tongue
- The ant always falls over on its
right side when intoxicated.
- Polar bears are left-handed.
- The catfish has over 27,000 taste
buds, that makes the catfish rank #1 for animal having the most
- The only 15 letter word that can be
spelled without repeating a letter is uncopyrightable.
- First novel ever written on a
typewriter is Tom Sawyer.
- Dueling is legal in Paraguay as long
as both parties are registered blood donors.
- Donald Duck comics were banned in
Finland because he doesn't wear pants.
- More people are killed by donkeys
annually than are killed in plane crashes.
- English language.
- The name of all the continents end
with the same letter that they start with.
- The word "lethologica" describes the
state of not being able to remember the word you want.
- TYPEWRITER, is the longest word that
can be made using the letters on only one row of the keyboard.
- If the population of China walked
past you in single file, the line would never end because of the
rate of reproduction.
- The word racecar and kayak are the
same whether they are read left to right or right to left.
- A cockroach will live nine days
without its head, before it starves to death.
- Butterflies taste with their feet.
Elephants are the only animals that can't jump.
- An ostrich's eye is bigger than its
- Starfish haven't got brains.
- Rubber bands last longer when
- Peanuts are one of the ingredients
- The national anthem of Greece has
158 verses. No one in Greece has memorized all 158 verses.
- There are 293 ways to make change
for a dollar.
- Los Angeles's full name is "El
Pueblo de Nuestra Senora la Reina de los Angeles de Porciuncula".
And can be abbreviated to 3.63% of its size, "L.A."
- A cat has 32 muscles in each ear.
- Tigers have striped skin, not just
- In most advertisements, including
newspapers, the time displayed on a watch is 10:10.
- Al Capone's business card said he
was a used furniture dealer.
- The only real person to be a Pez
head was Betsy Ross.
- When the University of Nebraska
Cornhuskers play football at home, the stadium becomes the state's
third largest city.
- The characters Bert and Ernie on
Sesame Street were named after Bert the cop and Ernie the taxi
driver in Frank Capra's "Its A Wonderful Life".
- The name for Oz in the "Wizard of
Oz" was thought up when the creator, Frank Baum, looked at his
filing cabinet and saw A-N and O-Z, hence "Oz."
- The microwave was invented after a
researcher walked by a radar tube and a chocolate bar melted in his
- Mr. Rogers is an ordained minister.
- John Lennon's first girlfriend was
named Thelma Pickles.
- The average person falls asleep in
- There are 336 dimples on a
regulation golf ball.
- Stewardesses' is the longest word
that is typed with only the left hand.
- The average secretary's left hand
does 56% of the typing.
- A shark is the only fish that can
blink with both eyes.
- There are more chickens than people
in the world.
- Two-thirds of the world's eggplant
is grown in New Jersey.
- A dragonfly has a lifespan of 24
- A goldfish has a memory span of
- A dime has 118 ridges around the
- On an American one-dollar bill,
there is an owl in the upper left-hand corner of the "1" encased in
the "shield" and a spider hidden in the front upper right-hand
- There are only four words in the
English language which end in "- dous": tremendous, horrendous,
stupendous, and hazardous.